Home » Purpose » Human Sustainability
It's a promise to encourage people to live healthier by offering a portfolio of both enjoyable and wholesome foods and beverages.
Global goals include:
- Increasing the whole grains, fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds and low-fat dairy in its product portfolio.
- Reducing the average sodium per serving in key global food brands in key markets by 25 percent by 2015.
- Reducing the average saturated fat per serving in key global food brands in key markets by 15 percent by 2020.
- Reducing the average added sugar per serving in key global beverage brands in key markets by 25 percent by 2020.
PepsiCo India has been at the forefront of leading the human sustainability agenda and some of the initiatives include:
- The decision to eliminate the direct sale of full-sugar soft drinks to primary and secondary schools around the globe.
- Frito Lay's products are MSG and trans-fat free and contain voluntary on pack nutritional labeling.
- Breakfast cereal, Quaker Oats, is rich in soluble fibre, beta-glucan which helps in lowering cholesterol.
- The new Lay's Classic Salted has been launched with 25 percent less sodium.
- Lehar Gluco+ is a lemon-flavored drink with glucose, electrolytes and iron that provides instant energy and refreshment to consumers.
- Tropicana 100% juice range provides fruit nutrients
- PepsiCo offers products with zero or reduced calories such as Diet Pepsi, and Aquafina packaged water and bulk water.
- Gatorade, the world's leading sports drink, has valuable re-hydration benefits and is scientifically formulated to replenish electrolytes, and refuel carbohydrate energy.
- Most of PepsiCo's products are available in a range of packages so consumers can choose a size suited to particular consumption occasion, and offering choices for portion control.
- Lehar Iron Chusti is an extruded snack fortified with best form of iron (NaEDTA) to address pervasive problem of Iron Deficiency Anaemia for base of pyramid population at an affordable price. Nutritionally a single pack delivers 25 percent of iron RDA and 50 percent of Vitamin B1, B12 and folate RDA for adolescent girls. The product has been specifically designed for adolescent girls recognizing the impact of micronutrient deficiency in context of intergenerational cycle of malnutrition. The product is made with wholesome local grains like ragi, soya and rice.
- Aquafina packaged water for safe hydration
India Sustainability Report 2009 2010/11
India Sustainability Report Overview
Read more »